Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Niko could learn a few things about tackling from my mother.


"F**k yeah, team of the week AND my manager likes me - suck on that Charlie!"


My Mum is funny. I guess it runs in the family. So funny things always happen to her.
She told me today about this funny moment from one of the times she was flying; I'm sure she told me about it before but since I have a tendency to switch off during my parents' ramblings (like you don't!), it was pretty new to me.

So for one of her trips she happened to borrow a suitcase from a friend... and as you may have guessed, she eventually forgot what it looked like. She's often as absent minded as I am, so it's no wonder. So she picked up a suitcase she thought it was hers from the baggage carousel and headed for the exit.

Now imagine one of those long moving walkways at airports. Halfway on it she looks down and realizes the bag she's carrying is not hers at all. Panic ensues and she turns around to, well, leave the line and go back. As she suddenly halts, she messes up the queue of people behind her who start colliding with each other.

And as she looks down the line, she realizes there's the Croatian national football team, tripping over each other.

My Mom is not much of a football fan and I don't think she could name more than two players from the NT to save her life, so it would be useless to ask her about the details. But the idea of Charlie or Niko or anyone else really from the team bumping into each other and falling over (because of my mother of all people) is more than I can take.




In other news, the lovable and utterly impressive Mario Ančić is set to hold a lecture on sports law – at none other than Harvard. Apparently Mario is a nerd with admirable work ethics. Unfortunately, in the last couple of years his career was intercepted with various long term injuries or illnesses - but obviously he's found a constructive way to deal with the long breaks, and graduated from law school at the tender age of 22.

Also, just because it is too good not to share; my lunch was so made of win today.


4 comments:

  1. I WANT CAKE!!!!!!!!!!

    CAKE!!!!!!!!

    *sorry*
    It's just that I'm really craving chocolate right now and then I see that. YUM!

    God, I can't believe your mother's story. I would give anything to see that. Should we steal security tapes from the airport?
    oh dear...

    And Mario giving a lecture? I'm done. This is too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at your mum's story! Omg when was that, recently? I think an airport has got to be a good stalking opportunity... *ponders* I was at Heathrow once and saw an Italian sports team, I have no idea what sport, certainly not football though :( possibly skiing?

    Mario as a lecturer! That's one class I wouldn't bunk! <3 sexy professor

    I'm ignoring the cake btw, I can't bear to see its deliciousness any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!! Oh your Mum is <3
    But say if she did know the boys from your football team.
    Would she go to ask them to sign something for you?

    Or ask those boys to come around for dinner?
    Dr Charlie could definitely put his paramedic skills into use when you hit the floor :D

    OMG :|
    Mario.graduated.from.law.school.at.22...
    (bows @ Cro prince of darkness)

    that cake oh wow...
    is that (whipped) cream, or meringue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL you mom's story. Brilliant.

    And so impressed with ancic, i'm going to go do something really important with my life now.

    cake for lunch, i approve :D

    ReplyDelete