Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Groin Theory

Tottenham drew with Sunderland today, 1-1. I couldn't watch the match but I heard they were, well, pretty much shit again. Even Luka had a *meh!* time, and Charlie was kinda distracted. And it's not the first time this year either.

So it got me thinking, and working on a theory, the so called groin situation. You see, right before that friendly with Romania a month ago (that I promised to report about but probably never will :cries:), there was a speculation about Charlie's supposed groin injury and how he'd be doubtful for the match. When the journalists asked him about it before the match, he replied, casually as always:
"Well, I do feel a tension, but it's nothing serious. There is no muscle damage... my groin is just hard."

I thought that was one of his best quotes ever and shame on me for failing to share it with the general public while it was still fresh.

It however compelled me to start paying special attention to that special area on pics from that moment on (hey it was all for a scientific research! :blushes:) and I believe I noticed a correlation between the groin situ and his recent dip in form.

You see, in the pre-2009 pics there is no groin situation. Charlie's as cool as a cucumber and so is his groin, he's always on top of things, having impressed pretty much everyone.

Click to enlarge evidence (teehee!)

No groin drama below.

But come 2009 and we suddenly notice the groin is alive. It does look exciting doesn't it, but I bet it's rather distracting, or so would young Mr Corluka have us believe, because with its first signs of life he's somewhat astrayed from his usual faultless self, and played fairly average.

Ahem.

(I'd enclose more pics as evidence, but I'm this close to a heat stroke.)


So what could be the reason for this sudden groin uprising and the absence of his normal 'talking-to-me?' attitude?

Talking to me?

A. Is there something on pitch that gets him excited?
B. Problems at home that leave him feeling unfulfilled?
C. Hormons / recent change of diet = an increased appreciation for pies? (notice how he's rounded up a bit in the last few months)

Let me know what you think!

Also:
Please leave your suggestions as to how I may help him overcome this - this is very important.
We thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy, there are so many possible explanatory theories, I can't go into them.

    Though the first time I saw groin signs in Charlie was in a Man City kit. :/

    The pies could be an explanation...if they have a lot of meat, the have hormones, though usually they are female hormones...Not that I'm an expert.
    Both A and B are quite satifying hypothesis personally. But I'll go with A.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (blabbers incoherently for a couple of minutes)
    Lethal... very lethal pics...

    As Carly said - there are so many explanations.
    I chose B since if that were true... then we need to ship you to London.
    Pronto.
    Hehehe - kidding...

    I hope there is no pie ad around the pitch that makes him get excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what pic you're talking about Carly but IMO that was an isolated incident.
    I'd like to hear your other theories of course :-D don't let this limited poll stop you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venice you need to move to London, oust the slaggy hag he's with and become the new Mrs Corluka. Groin action will increase off the pitch allowing it to rest during the game and for him to return to his best form!

    Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted A, someone on the pitch is definitely exciting some passions...most probable contenders david bentley, robbie keane, and jermain defoe. only solution is to systematically annihilate them. good luck.

    also LOL @ all of this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh em gee, someone seems to be drinking the Spurs hatorade lol!

    You all make a lot of sense, I just wanted someone else to suggest the obvious course of action.

    ReplyDelete