Sunday, November 16, 2008

Will the media please stop talking about Charlie's beard like it's still there...

Because Slaven didn't want our guys to play a friendly in November when the rest of the footballing world does, they now have a few days to sit on their scrummy bums and do nothing. The Croatian contingent at Spurs decided it was time to head home, and since that's obviously where I am, for the next couple of days Superman will be showing off his superior genetics within a reasonable distance.

So what do you think, should I present him with my ingenious babies making plan of world domination?
Discuss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Doctor Charlie supervising a medical team performing a field surgery.

And because journalists need to make a living, they've jumped at them at the airport and got all the important answers - like when will Charlie shave. Even though he clearly shaved at least once since the no-shave talk.

"Shaving is such a pain in the arse, it really is", he said, "but I guess I'll muster the strength somehow - do I have to do it right now or can I wait until I get home?"

Where is Pompey's midfield Rembrandt at the moment - it is still undefined, but since he apparently picked up a minor injury during the week which made him miss this weekend's match, I guess he most likely stayed in England to let it heal. Considering he's just returned from a long-term injury, I can see why he's more dedicated than homesick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
From doctors to artists, our national team are l33t.

Meanwhile, the rumour mill at the Beeb says this:
Harry Redknapp is being linked with another of his former Portsmouth players today. Rumours suggest Spurs will launch a £12 million bid for midfielder Niko Kranjcar in January.

When asked for their opinions on the said matter, both Luka and Charlie made comments such as "OMG pls make it happen pls kthx!!1" and "w00t w00t!" which suggested they wouldn't have anything particularly against it.

But in a way I hope Niko will tell them, tough luck guys. (We all do, according to the poll.)
I don't really want them to get along on the pitch when they play for teams other than the national team. I want hot, intense, angry head to head situations, hissing, maybe even light shoving.
Most of all, I want to see Niko furious. For once. Just once. Please? Do it for me Charlie. If anyone on the pitch can bring it in him, it's you, you know that very well.



P.S. I'm worried that the reason Niko might be possibly considering a move to London in the January transfer window is the fact his MFEO Sarah is also coming there in January - coincidence, I think not Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Early morning posts make for truly biased opinions, I like that :)

    I'm surprised the journalists didn't follow Charlie home to watch him shave. I know I would...incompetents (and before you say anything, no, I did not say impotent lol).

    Unless Niko has an old grudge, I'm not very hopeful of him being angry at Charlie anymore :-( Unless he accidentally kicks him (*kneels and prays*)

    Oh and as for your question, I say: attack now, this isn't a time for hesitation. Make babies plan is under way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words, young one. Kicking sounds harsh, even accidentally - why couldn't they just be mouthy like Italians? I actually heard Niko swear once after he missed a shot, the field camera picked it up, I was baffled. It wasn't anything particularly dirty but it was him.

    And to think that only a few years ago when he played in the U-21 team vs England, he came off the pitch pale as a ghost and said he'd never heard curses like that in his life like what the players were shouting at each other.

    Tough luck on holding grudges, apparently he regularly comes to London to visit them and hang out. Hmmm imagine running into two of them on a night out. My head would explode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8-P can't deal with that image in my head...

    need to be alone and in the dark for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that video! How wimpy did Poldi look?

    I think the making babies plan should be put into operation pronto Venice, what are you waiting for? "This much is tru-ue, this much is tru-uee!" Outside his house - now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Implement the making babies plan ASAP! And yeah, Niko's moving to London rumors are so because of me. *delusions of grandeur*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ Poldishark vs Superman.
    Surely - a sweet angel like Niko wouldn't approve of swearing ;)

    If Liverpool could become mini-Spain, maybe Tottie could be mini-Croatia?

    ReplyDelete