Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nobody does a superhero better than superhero Charlie.

Yeah yeah Tottenham won yesterday in the 4th round of the Carling Cup, they rolled over a weakened Liverpool side. I won't go on about the match when Gina already did that better than I could.

Instead I'll focus on Charlie, and how he was made of win last night. (Not that he usually isn't, mind you...)

The best defender on the pitch who hardly put a foot wrong, authoritative, decisive, composed and clean as usual. 99 minutes of keeping the defense tight, squeezing Nando off the ball occasionally, frowning at Lucas and generally looking too cool for school - what more could I ask for?

But also; from guardian.co.uk --
The Brazilian goalkeeper was accidentally kicked in the mouth by Philipp Degen as the pair challenged for a loose ball and needed Vedran Corluka's swift reaction to prevent him swallowing his tongue.

Yes, he apparently saved the day. (The goalie is going to be alright, thank god.)

Do I??? Do I??? Oh yes please, especially on a day like this!

Drama in pictures!

Stupid watermarks, get out of my way nowwww!!
































Discuss.

4 comments:

  1. Superman living up to his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More importantly - he saved my night :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao at the 'I wanna make babies' tag! I love that he really is all Superman like, another of our fantasies coming true ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paging Dr Charlie, to examination room 1, please!
    Venice's heart needs rescuing ;)

    ReplyDelete